5 Proven Low-Cost Strategies: You know that you need to do more marketing this year to reach your sales goals. But you don’t have much money, so you’ll have to think outside the box to make it. How do I begin?
Some general tips I could give you are “make a website” and “post on social media.” I’m sure you’ve already thought of that, though I bet it hasn’t worked out yet.
Instead, I’ll talk about some of the tried-and-true, low-cost ways I’ve learned to promote my six-figure businesses over the past 12 years.
5 Proven Low-Cost Strategies
SEO is an important part of online marketing because it uses keywords to get a website to rank for certain terms. When looking for the right keywords, you should think about things like search purpose, traffic potential, business potential, and ranking challenges. To find keywords, you can make a broad “seed” term related to your niche and enter it into Ahrefs’ Keywords Explorer.
One type of seed keyword is a broad, top-level term that covers the whole area. The term “coffee table with storage” is a great example of one that is easy to find in Google SERPs. You can cut down the list to only show terms that get at least 500 searches a month by setting KD (Keyword Difficulty) to 30 and volume to 500.
When you know what term you want to rank for, you can make content that is search engine optimized for that phrase. Learn what people are looking for when they use your chosen term. This includes the type of content, the style, and the angle. It could be a review, how-to guide, video, or a product page. The content type could be a blog post, video, or product page. If you look at the top-ranking posts and pages, their material is what makes them stand out.
Follow on-page SEO best practices when writing content. For example, make sure images have alt text, that meta tags are set up correctly, and that there are useful internal links. To make this step easier, use the list in our full guide to on-page SEO.
Another important step in SEO is building links. Backlinks are links from another website that lead to yours. Internal links are links from one page on your site to another page on your site. When you write content, use internal links that make sense in the context of the page to help Google and people find it and improve its popularity. One of the most important things Google uses to rank websites is external backlinks.
There are four main ways to build backlinks:
- Adding links to other websites. For example, you might do this on your social media accounts or in lists of businesses. Most likely, this will have the least effect on your results, but it is the best way to do it.
- Go out and ask for links. This is where most of your links will come from at first, until you become more well-known. To get links in this way, you can do a lot of different things, like build links from lost links, guest blog, or use resource pages.
- Buying links: This is not a good idea because Google sees it as spammy links. If it finds you doing it, you could also lose your ranks.
- When you have great content that blog owners and news sites want to link to, this is the best way to get links because it happens automatically. They won’t even know you’re there.
To sum up, SEO is all about keywords, and it’s important to know the search purpose, content type, style, and angle in order to write good content.
Make your Google Business page (or make it better)
Your Google Business Profile (GBP) will help people find your real business on Google Search and in Google Maps. This is how most people find local companies these days.
It works really well and is one of the best free ways to promote your business.
Use Digital Marketing
If you want to use social media to promote your small business, do these things:
- Pick the right social network. Don’t try to use all of them at once; instead, look at where your rivals are getting the most traffic. One site that has this is Similarweb. Death Wish Coffee is a good example of this.
- Make a content strategy. Write down what kind of content you want to post, how often, who will post it, and what hashtags to use. Use the social media accounts of your rivals to come up with ideas. You can get help with this step from free AI writing tools.
- plan all of your posts ahead of time. Use automation tools like Buffer or Hootsuite to set aside time every week to plan all of your posts for that week or even the whole month.
- Talk to the people who follow you. Talking to your fans is the best way to get the most out of social media. Take the time to answer people who leave comments on your posts. In fact, if you use Buffer or Hootsuite, you can answer comments right from your automatic tool.
- Write down goals and keep track of progress. A lot of businesses fail on social media because they don’t do this. You can use tracking tools like Hootsuite and Buffer to see how well your posts are doing, which posts do the best, and the best times of day to post. Change your plan based on this information and post more of what works.
Overall, promoting on social media is a great way to get the word out about your small business, but you need to have a clear plan. By doing these things, you can use social media to promote your business and make the most of its potential.
One friend got over 800 new customers with pay-per-click (PPC) ads that cost only $24.68. This shows how effective PPC ads can be. To do this, you should first make a useful landing page with an interesting title and useful content. Mike put an email opt-in at the end of the piece to get people to sign up for his mailing list. This could be a product offer or a way to sign up for emails. Email leads can also be useful. Lastly, Mike used a yellow color and a clickable title to make an ad text for his email that stood out. Visit the guide to online advertising to learn more about online advertising.
Look it over
You can get free advertising for your company by writing guest posts on other blogs. You can do this by finding blogs, podcasts, or YouTube feeds that are similar to yours but not competing with them. For instance, write guest posts for marketing blogs like Hootsuite, Social Media Examiner, and Conversion Science. These blogs talk about marketing but don’t offer SEO services. Google search for keywords in your field to find these blogs. Use search operators like “write for us” or “podcast” to find chances to make podcasts or videos for YouTube.
You can also build backlinks for SEO by doing things like writing guest posts and being a guest on podcasts. When you use Ahrefs’ SEO Toolbar, you can quickly see stats like DR and focus on sites with better DR scores.
Go to their contact page and send them a message to get in touch and ask possible goals. Ask them if you could write a guest post or be a guest on their show, YouTube channel, or something else. Be specific about what you liked about their material. You can try their Facebook page for an email address if you can’t find a way to get in touch with them on their website. The more unique and personal your plan sounds, the more likely it is to work.