National Youth Day is marked on 12th January every year. This Day is chosen to honor the birth of anniversary Swami Vivekananda. It is also called Yuva Diwas. National Youth Day is observed by India and RKM branch Centers worldwide. Yuva Diwas initiated by the Government of India in 1984. The Government stated that “the Indian Youth Day could greatly benefit from inspiration drawn from Swami’s philosophy and the ideals for which he lived and worked.” The Aim of celebrating this day is seeks to inspire young people to advance the nation for a brighter future.
Theme of Yuva Diwas for 2024 – “It’s All In The Mind’
Why Do We Celebrate Yuva Diwas
In honour of the Teachings of Vivekananda
- On National young Day, we commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, a worldwide symbol of spiritual awakening and young empowerment. His inspiring message of selflessness, brotherhood among all people, and dedication to humanity is still relevant to young people today.
- The occasion provides a chance to review Vivekananda’s ideas on education, the formation of moral character, and the significance of a solid value system. These timeless lessons can help young brains on their paths to development both personally and socially.
Promoting Inclusion and Diversity
- National Youth Day embraces the diverse range of cultures, experiences, and backgrounds that young people represent, rather than focusing on just one story. It encourages diversity and honours each person’s special abilities and contributions.
- The day promotes communication, comprehension, and cooperation between various youth groups, developing a feeling of global citizenship and dismantling obstacles to their joint advancement.
Taking Up Today’s Challenges
- National Youth Day will be even more important in 2024 as we address pressing global issues including mental health, climate change, and rising social inequality. These problems require new ideas and creative solutions, which youthful brains may provide.
- The day provides a forum for candid conversations about these issues, the generation of ideas for fixes, and the encouragement of youth to assume leadership positions in the creation of a more just, equitable, and sustainable world.
How To Observe National Youth Day
Read more about Vivekananda’s life and teachings–
This monk spreads the Advaita Vedanta philosophy and yoga, which inspires youth to be truth seekers and become agents of social change.
Participate in the events of the day–
Numerous enjoyable and instructive tournaments and activities are arranged by nearby clubs, universities, and educational institutions.
Participate in a blood drive and give blood–
This is the day that many blood drives are scheduled. Thus, show kindness to a person in need.
Swami Vivekananda Quotes
Swami Vivekananda’s remarks ignited hearts and minds across generations; they were more than just declarations. The following quotations encapsulate his essence:
- “Whatever you think, that you will become.”
- “If you have faith in God, have faith in yourself.”
- “In a conflict between duty and love, duty is the higher.”
- “Strength is life, Weakness is Death. Expansion is life, Contraction is Death.”
- “The world is full of suffering, but it is also full of overcoming.”
Read more Swami Vivekananda Quotes : https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/swami-vivekananda-quotes